[Review 1145] You will know....???? @ 陸金記瓜子大王

28/05/2011

陸金記瓜子大王
灣仔莊士敦道106號地下
G/F, 106 Johnston Road, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/you-will-know-e2172265




I am not keen on Chinese snacks, so I did'nt try the dried nuts and fruits.

However, saw some interesting pastries in the cabinet, so tried those.

There were two types that both cost $2 each.

One was round in shape, the other was long and round.
The round one was called "yaat hau so" (bitesized puff), and the long one was called "muck dim so" (wheat dot puff).
I just knew they were both savoury, so asked them what the different was, and they said the round one was made with sesame, and the long one was made of spring onions and sesame.
To be honest, I do not like sesame, but I like sesame oil.
I feel that sesame dosnt have a function apart from its crunchy texture.
It also comes out of the digestive track undigested!
But anyway tried it for fun.

After paying, they asked me if I have tried it before, and of course I had'nt because if I had, I would know what they were.

Anyway, after replying no, the person at the shop said "After eating it, you will know (sick goh lei wui ji)"
I was left dazzled, what will I know...........?????
Did I miss out any words in his sentence??

So........
I will know its delicious??
I will know my future??
I will know my what??
Hmmm very interesting!!

Maybe its a Chinese fortune puff instead of a fortune cookie.

Anyway, the answer, the answer from the snack!

I broke the puff in half to take a picture, amazingly, I couldnt see any whole sesame seeds which was good because I dont like them.
As for the spring onions, there was one piece in it.
The dot must be the pink ink dot at the top of the puff.

I tried eating it, and was surprised the filling inside was grounded so finely that it was velvety.
The texture was similar to those chinese peanut things, that are dry, sandy and velvety.
Although the spring onions couldnt be seen, you could really taste it.
If it was less salty it would taste better, and they should be eaten fresh before the oil flavour takes over.
So the answer I got was......
I ate a puff, and I could taste real spring onions~

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...