[Review 1238] Nitrous oxide strawberry soda @ SohoWay

05/08/2011
SohoWay
中環擺花街8號地下2號舖
Shop 2, G/F, 8 Lyndhurst Street, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/nitrous-oxide-strawberry-soda-e2186972

Came back especially for the strawberry soda and oolong tea with grass jelly.

◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎
Oolong tea with grass jelly:
This was visually interesting and stunning, the grass jelly floated on top of the tea instead of sinking below!
I never thought the density of grass jelly could be lighter than tea.

◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎
Strawberry soda:
This tasted nice, however it was slightly disappointing because it was dead flat!

Isnt soda meant to be fizzy?
It was dead FLAT! So I told them it was flat, they re-did it again, and it was still flat!
I asked them if it was meant to be like that and they said it gets flat easily.
It is amazing how it can lose its fizzyiness within seconds of leaving the kitchen to the customer that is only a few steps away?

Anyway, I researched other drinks that contained nitrous oxide on the net, but the comments on it were fizzy just like other carbonated drinks.
I ordered this drink because Nitrous oxide is said to make people in an intense state of transcendent happiness combined with an overwhelming sense of contentment.
From one of the reviews, they said they were happy after drinking it without realising it contained Nitrous oxide.
I think this is one of their drinks to highlight, but I cant understand why they don't promote this drink or have information that this drink contains Nitrous oxide rather than ordinary soda on the menu.
They can't expect everyone that comes to Sohoway to have read that article in the newspaper.
If I hadn't read some article in the media about this place I wouldn't have found out about this drink.
After I drank it, I just felt soothed and calm, not as happy as one of the reviewers said.
It was probably because I was disappointed with the flatness of the drink, so the drink just brought me back to normal levels!
I wondered if I had been in a normal state, would I have been hyped up.

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Price: $3x with 10% on top.
English menu: yes, some have pictures!
Service: OK
Yummy factor: OK
Sweetness levels: light
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...