[Review 1270] C'est une restaurant Francais ou Japonais @ 本法食府 Mayotte

08/09/2011
本法食府 Mayotte
灣仔分域街16號東城大廈地下 1-3 號舖
Shop 1-3, Upper ground Floor, East town Building, 16 Fenwick Street, Wan Chai

https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/cest-une-restaurant-francais-ou-japonais-e2193844

Before this place opened, it used to be a Japanese restaurant serving paper grilled food and Japanese

I am quite glad this new restaurant has replaced it, the area no longer smells of thick oily fumes.

The pink veils on the windows looked quite girly and attractive from the outside.
The stairs leading up to the restaurant had silver covering on the vertical part of the steps.

Arriving at the reception there was a friendly person who led me in.
After I entered, I was greeted by another staff.
I told that staff a table was reserved for so and so [the name my acquaintance used when booking], however either that staff didn't hear or just blanked out.
I repeated myself again, but nothing seemed to happen, so I walked over to the table which had a reservation card on it.

Sat down and was given the menu.
I assumed it was a FRENCH restaurant because of the name Mayotte, however the décor could have been more French with more lace on the veils.
The décor was slightly Japanese with some decorations from the previous restaurant.
Mayotte is actually a French island in the Indian Ocean off East Africa between Madagascar and Mozambique.

When I browsed the menu, the food was quite Japanese which led me to notice their Chinese name 本法食府.
Since Chinese isn’t my first language, I thought 本法 sounded like “GAY本法" which is heard on the news all the time.
I thought it meant something about law or basic something.

Then after looking at the Chinese words separately, I got a different perspective.
A French Japanese cuisine!
本 Japanese 法 French 食府 Eatery

Anyway, for lunch, the range was mostly Japanese, a few western dishes that I wouldn’t say were French, and finally the French style pork chop which is a must try.
The Grilled Sirloin steak with marsala demi gravy reminded me of Saizeriya because at Saizeriya they had chicken demi glace.

For the dinner menu, it fared much better, there was smoked quail legs!!
The last time I had them was from an online ordering food store, but they were pre-marinated under the brand Feyel, however the ones here are served with honey and truffle!!!
To be honest I prefer the a la carte, the Lunch menu is slightly overpriced and not as deluxe.
As well as quail legs, they had really swank items such as Iberico ham with cheese for $388 and Grilled Iberico pork chop and blue mussels.
The appetizer menu is also quite good too! It offers Foie gras and fig sauce and Jumbo scallop with 10 year old vinegar!
The soups on the a la carte seemed better too with a choice lobster bisque or black truffle cream soup.
The pasta was fettuccine and saffron cream sauce for $108 which is definately a brilliant choice for dinner.
I WISHED I HAD ORDERED A LA CARTE!

For the lunch sets, I chose the more expensive items because the other sets you can order them elsewhere, especially their soup ramen which costs $88 and with service charge on top, it is more expensive than Butao and Hide.
In the end I ordered the French style pork chop and Pan-fried snapper with cherry tomato and white wine sauce.
Both the above dishes had white wine sauce.

The set came with soup and salad, which was tomato soup that day and octopus salad.
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Tomato soup
It was dark red orange with a few pieces of chopped chives to garnish it.
Tasted Ok, slightly creamy and found some surumi crabmeat.


◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Salad
This was quite nice, the lettuce was mixed with the Japanese vinaigrette and the octopus has strong wasabi taste.
After finishing the salad, I felt this place was Japanese style because of the salad, plates and bowls.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
French style pork chop
Same as the soup it had chives to garnish it.
This was quite nice, it had a thin layer of coating which was crunchy.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Pan fried snapper
Same as the pork chop it had chives on top, and the skin was crisp.
The sauce was the same as the one used for the porkchop.
However beneath the fish were some potatoes which were delicious, it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Worth $38 on the regular menu
Chocolate pudding
To finish off, there was chocolate pudding which was quite nice.
According to the menu it is $38 a la carte.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Anyway, I would definitely recommend dining here in the evening or ordering A la carte.
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Price: Bit expensive
Service: OK
Yummy factor: OK
English menu: YES
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...