[Review 1388] Mandarin splash out @ 文華餅店 The Mandarin Cake Shop

文華餅店 The Mandarin Cake Shop
中環干諾道中5號香港文華東方酒店閣樓
M/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Road, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/mandarin-splash-out-e2210033

I have always wanted to try their cakes so I was really chuffed that I could splash $100 on their bakery with a $100 gift certificate from Openrice.

It was tempting to try their cakes and their savory items, but in the end I decided to get the savory items and a donut because the cakes should be indulged there with a cup of nice tea.

Before I went, I checked their online menu and reserved the ones I wanted through phone.

When I got there my order was packed and ready to collect.
I really liked their paper bag and lavish packaging.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Custard donut
It was dusted with castor sugar and inside there was generous custard filling.
The sweetness was just right.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Beef pie
I was expecting the beef to be chunks but it was minced beef inside and the gravy was rich.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sausage with XO sauce quiche
This was interesting because it was made with XO sauce which is Chinese.
The sausage used was proper western sausage, and the filling of the quiche was quite eggy and cheesy.
It also contained pieces of scallop which must have come from the XO sauce.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The receipt



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apart from the above, these were also on my wish list!
Spinach quiche
Apple turnover
Donuts
Cassis mousseline and bavaroise with sago
Cream horn
Carrot cake
Raspberry apricot mousse
Lychee raspberry mousse
Sacher cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...