[Review 189] More than what I expected @ 越旺 (已結業) pho' 26

17/10/2008 越旺 (已結業) pho' 26
灣仔蘭杜街2號3號舖
Shop 3, 2 Landale Street, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/more-than-what-i-expected-e1944048

Seeing lots of people queue outside this shop during lunch and even on saturday afternoons, it must be good.

Also the comments on openrice, are positive too, so I had very high expectations.

I didnt want to wait outside and be rushed to finish my food when I was seated, so I ordered a takeaway.
I ordered cambodian noodles in tomato sauce with beef tendons as a topping, which was ready to collect when I got there.

When I got back, I opened the bag and took the contents out, quite a pleasing start I thought, a tub of chopped chilli, a wedge of lime, the soup, and the noodles.

I opened the noodle bowl first, and the noodles were laid out nicely, and there were plenty of fresh onion shreds and chopped spring onion. Then I poured the soup in, and waited for a bit, for the noodles to soak up the soup and loosen up.

Ravaging through the noodles, I started to see some black hair, which is very shocking since this place is meant to be very good. I couldnt believe it, so I borrowed my friends camera to take a pic. I rarely take food pics, but this was just unbelievable. Anyway I thought maybe this is just a one-off thing, but I was wrong I found more, at least 5 strands of short black hair were found, either eyebrow hair or eyelash hair. Since OR will not let me put the pictures here, they are available on request. I have actually submitted the exact review twice, and OR will not upload it. So there must be some so called connections.

After discussing and showing many people, they said its probably animal hair from skin, but my noodle only contained beef tendons. I checked their menu too, there are no pigs skins or anything like that, its mainly beef, tendons, seafood, and fish balls.
So either that food fell on the floor, or their supplier gave them dirty food, but in any case, it should have been washed.

As for the taste, I dont know, if you saw that, you would definitely puke.
I still have the contaminated noodles and tempted to take it to the Food and hygiene department.
But being a food enthusiast, I am willing to give it another try, but not so soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...