[Review 241] Chicken fries @ 大雞大超級雞排 Big Big Chick

16/01/2009
大雞大超級雞排 Big Big Chick
將軍澳坑口連理街商場112號舖
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/chicken-fries-e1967156

Ask any Australian, and they will be able to tell you about Chicken fries. In Australia, they put chicken powder on their chips.

So when I came across this Taiwanese snack shop, I had to check it out, although they claim to be the world's first chicken fries, actually it originates from Australia, and the Taiwanese have imported the idea to their country, and later opening stores in Hong Kong. I wanted to try them along time ago, but the first shop was located in Yuen Long which is a bit out of bounds. Now there are quite a few shops in the outskirts of town.

Its bright yellow and fast food smell drew me over, to a glass cabinet filled with fried foods, the staff busy packing the food and sprinkling flavoured powder all over the chicken.

Anyway I ordered the fried chicken breast, fried thigh pieces, fries, and chicken wings.

Most of the items were over fried, and a strong taste of re-used oil. So overall, I would only recommend the chicken thigh, and chicken wings. I asked about the ingredients of the powder, but I felt the staff were either in a hurry or not willing to answer.
All I got for an answer was " It's our own recipe, thank you, BYE"
The taste of the powder had some Chinese spice, which I do not know the name, slightly sweet too.
I was a bit disappointed with the fries, because they were ordinary crinkled chips, not the quality ones.

The only credit I would give them, is that they have an English version of the menu~!





No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...