[Review 583] Playful waiter @ ROCKSCHOOL

ROCKSCHOOL20/12/2009
灣仔盧押道23號2樓
2/F, 23 Luard Road, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/playful-waitor-e2050869

Came for lunch, there was not many people as expected, the price was suspiciously cheaper than other pub foods.
The restaurant was half empty when we arrived, so sat down on a four people table, but we were told to sit on a two persons table.
Anyway, ordered two sets: pork chop with apple and mash, and fish with wasabi sauce.
First came the bread with olive oil and vinegar, an Italian starter which is quite a bonus because not many pubs serve it or occasionally serve it.
After finishing the bread, there were some crumbs in front of me, and the waiter cleaned it for me using my napkin, I was impressed he remembered I didn't have a napkin and gave me an extra one.

Then came the salad and soup, and the waiter kept insisting ladies first, so placed my soup down first,
Same with the mains, he always laid my plate down first, as well as trying to mesmerize me with his eyes!
Back to the food, the carrot and coriander soup had lots of chopped coriander in it, and quite watery, but strong in coriander taste, as for the salad it contained yummy feta cheese.

As for the mains the wasabi sauce did not taste of wasabi at all, it tasted of mint, and the pork chop was over cooked, but the mash was nice and buttery.

Finally the dessert was the best, tasted as good as the banana muffin at banyan tree, but firmer and dense.

The drinks were refillable too, however service can be slow sometimes, and the portions were a bit small too, even with soup, bread, mains, dessert and drink, I was JUST full.


No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...