[Review 643] Noodles as dark as the alleyway @ 漢城美食 Han Sung Korean Cuisine

漢城美食 Han Sung Korean Cuisine 10/02/2010
尖沙咀金巴利街74號地舖
G/F, 74 Kimberley Street, Tsim Sha Tsui
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/noodles-as-dark-as-the-alleyway-e2062432


After going the wrong direction and mixing up Kimberley Road and Street, finally found it in a dark alleyway, the sort of setting for a triad movie! Well there were police checking out that street so I suppose you could consider yourself safe! When I left, I found it was actually next to Granville Road. DuH! I didn’t need to go round in a big circle to find it!
It is also located opposite a few Korean groceries, so finally found them as well.

Anyway, when I got there, the waiters and waitresses were clearing tables up, and seemed to ignore my request for a table until they finished their duties.
I was finally allocated a table, and given a menu and order ticket with pen, where you jot down what you want, as it is jotted by yourself, you can only blame yourself for writing the wrong number if you ordered the wrong thing!

I ordered dish number 1, Fried sauce noodles with minced pork (Jah jeung mean).
Basically it was Korean noodles covered with dark sauce, composed of diced onions and carrots, the carrots had the taste and texture like the ones you find in Japanese curry.

It was a bit different to what I thought it was, its Chinese name was “Jah jeung mean” so I thought it would taste very strong and have either fermented beans or black beans in it.
However it was just plain dark gravy, the onions and carrots were dark brown, but not that strong in any taste at all, so I am guessing it must have been dark soy sauce that has no taste.
Overall the dish was palatable, but not what I was expecting.

The starters were pickled radish and kimchi, not really my cup of tea, but the radish was Ok, and there was no 10% service charge which was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...