[Review 952] High expectations with slight disappointment @ Frey & Ford

31/12/2010
Frey & Ford
中環港鐵香港站地下1層HOK69號舖
Shop 69, LG1/F, Hong Kong MTR Station, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/high-expectations-with-slight-disappointment-e2140028



When it first opened, the pictures of the food were amazing, they reminded me of the savory sandwiches at La Salon De Robuchon.

I arrived there at 11.40 thinking of a late breakfast, however I was surprised there were no sandwiches in the display counter, so I walked elsewhere and came back at noon, and the Chef was just putting the sandwiches on display, the Salmon sandwiche was the last to come and still in the making.

I am surprised that it is located in Central, and they start late. I would of thought there would be alot of people ordering gourmet breakfasts from there.

Presentation, they were as pretty as expected, and instead of the fillings sandwiched in between, they were on top of the bread like fine patisserie.

Also at the scene was a food and hygiene inspector issuing their new license, hence they are now fully licensed.

For the sandwich range, I was told only the top 8 were available and the rest were Chef's daily specials.

The range available were:
Salmon dill creme,
Peking chicken,
Poached egg and sausage,
Roast beef,
Grilled pepper caponata,
Giallo salad,
Branston double decker,
Salade nicoise

I was going to get the poached egg and sausage, which is similar to English breakfast, however the poached egg wasnt the usual poached style, but a hard boiled one.
So in the end I ordered the Salmon dill creme, and the ones I was most looking forward to were not available.
I think its annoying when its printed on the menu, and it is not available to order, perhaps because they are more expensive, so there would be no profit under the opening promotion.

The ones I was hoping to order were:
Rock shrimp milanese (rock shrimp, saffron aoili and chives)
Moti mahal classic (diced tandoori chicken housed in a bread bowl)
Hummus pita wheel (hummus, ham, olives wrapped in a pita bread roll)

Luckily, they had a promotion because 3 out of the 4 items I wanted were not available.
The salmon sandwich was nice as expected.

For drinks I got Inko's Melon Iced Tea, it is packaged similarly to Snapple, but not as sugary as stated.
The taste was light and refreshing, the taste of tea was stronger than the melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...