[Review 1453] Surprised by the filled egg tart! It's bleeding chocolate @ 超羣麵包西餅 Maria's Bakery

21/02/2012
超羣麵包西餅 Maria's Bakery
中環干諾道中23號香林大廈地下A舖
Shop A ,G/F Heung Lam Building, 23 Connaught Road, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/surprised-filled-egg-tart-its-bleeding-chocolate-e2220493

I have always wanted try Maria’s because of their egg tarts with runny centres.

I was hoping to try all their flavours, but they only had chocolate that day.
Other flavours I have heard of are: Mocha, Custard and Cheese.

The egg tarts were in a special cabinet at the takeaway counter, so I went to that counter to make an order.
I was waiting for a while and was not served.
It appears that the counter was not in service and you have to queue inside to get the egg tarts.

I wish there were some notice in English saying please queue inside and that the counter window should be closed because it was quite misleading. There were also other people who queued there and then found out you have to queue inside.
It would have been helpful if the staff could have redirected people inside the shop when they tried to order.

In the end, I got two chocolate egg tarts and a mini chicken pie!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chicken Pie HKD7:
I don’t eat Chinese chicken pies, but it looked too cute, so I got one.
The size of this pie was really small about 4cm in diameter, there was mini BBQ pork as well as other mini pastries.
I was surprised I liked it, the taste was similar to the one I had at North Point.
There was a huge chunk of chicken thigh meat inside and the pastry was so flakey and crispy that it was like eating a piece of western roast chicken with crispy skin!


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Chocolate Egg Tart HKD3.8
On the way back, I found out the hard way that it was REALLY filled with Liquid chocolate.
When I opened the box, I found that one of the tarts was already oozing chocolate liquid because there was a hole for it to seep out!



Woops!! Its Bleeding with chocolate!!!!!!!!
I wasn’t sure how to eat this egg tart because it was going to be messy, so I just used a spoon and dug in the centre.
I then realised there was mochi in the centre of the egg tart, which was really cool, it was the mochi that was holding the liquid chocolate inside.
I really liked this tart because there is less egg tart filing in proportion to the egg tart and there is yummy gooey mochi and liquid chocolate inside.
The sweetness was just right and I really regret not getting more because I hardly ever come here.
The base of the egg tart was short crust, which I prefer as well.
I just loved the chewiness of the mochi and the short crust pastry crumbling in my mouth with the liquid chocolate giving it flavour.
The tart does not look appetizing, but it tastes better than it looks.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...