[Review 2517] Better atmosphere in the evenings @ 黑瀧板蕎麥專門店 Kurotaki

18/05/2013
黑瀧板蕎麥專門店  Kurotaki
銅鑼灣告士打道280號世貿中心4樓P413-415號舖
Shop P413-415, P4/F, World Trade Center, 280 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/better-atmosphere-in-the-evenings-e2297400

Came here for a late lunch to try the noodles that I did not try on my last visit.
I have been here quite a few times and was surprised that I had to give it a negative review this time.

Since it was lunchtime, the lunch sets were posted on the entrance but as I was specifically here to try something on the A la carte menu I asked if the al la Carte menu was still available and I got this extremely rude reply from the receptionist:

"WHAT"

so I repeated myself, do you serve the a la carte menu as well?

Then there was this disgruntled WHAT AGAIN?

So OK, perhaps she doesn't understand ENGLISH so I said "MENU" instead of a la Carte and she finally understood.

Anyway, finally sat down and ordered the noodles which took ages to come, while I was waiting, one of the waitresses came over and asked if I needed anything else because they were taking their last orders.
I would rather they chase up my current order instead of prompting me if I needed anything else and perhaps the late arrival of my food was a punishment because the receptionist was irritated.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Soba trio:


Basically there were three different sobas, from left to right: Inaka Sobas, Shiretoko Zarusoba, and Sarashina.
My favourite was the Shiretoko Zarusoba (green), the Sarashina soba itself was salty without the dipping broth and the Inaka Soba was too al-dente and tasteless.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Soba soup:

It was my first time trying this soup so I did not know what to expect but I was expecting it to be refreshing according to the previous reviews, but the yuzi taste was not refreshing at all, I could only taste yuzu peel.
However the boiled soba taste was strong.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Overall, I would only recommend the Chilled sarashina sesame soba with natto and Chilled Shiretoko Zarusoba with sesame and black garlic oil sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...