[Review 3227] Nice place for dining, beef was the best @ Otto Restaurant & Bar

18/03/2014
Otto Restaurant & Bar
銅鑼灣駱克道487-489號駱克駅16-17樓
16-17/F, L'hart, 487-489 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/nice-place-for-dining-beef-was-the-best-e2352360













Restaurants in high rise buildings are common in Hong Kong because there is NO SPACE.
Anyway Otto Restaurant & Bar surprised me because it was quite different with stairs and the ceilings were different.

There were two floors.
On the upper floor, I liked the alcove with a Western looking window and the white bricks.
 We tried the dinner set which is priced differently according to the main course you choose and it includes: starter, soup, main course, dessert and tea or coffee or a glass of wine for an extra $48.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

We started off with bread:
 0 讚好

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Smoked eel salad with balsamic
 0 讚好

I am not a fan of eel so I chose the other one.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Italian goats milk cheese with parma, quince paste
 0 讚好

A light starter with goats cheese paired with sweet quince paste and aged parma ham.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Beetroot soup
 0 讚好

The soup was interesting, I liked it but it tasted like sweetcorn soup.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pan fried tiger prawns with linguine in tomato sauce
 0 讚好

This was the cheapest main but I liked it because it was simple al dente linguine with a huge tiger prawn.
I would have liked the tomato sauce to be stronger though.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pan fried chile sea bass fillet
 0 讚好

For fish lovers, it was a chunky piece of fish on top of delicious truffle mash.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Char grilled us prime angus rib eye steak

I am not keen on beef, but I loved the steak because it was juicy and sweet enhanced by the salt that was on the plate.
It was great that there was no charred taste either.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Seafood platter

The seafood platter had Baked lobster in cheese, grilled salted tiger prawns and pan seared scallops.
I tried the lobster and I liked it because the sauce was adapted so that it was not too cheesy or creamy and the sauce was great for dipping the bread in it too.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Italian pudding
 0 讚好

I loved the pudding because it was silky and creamy and not too sweet but I preferred it without the sauce.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Coffee or tea
 0 讚好

To finish off, I chose tea which is Ceylon tea served with milk.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Overall, the food comes quite fast and it was good in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...