[Review 4946] Dimsum at Happy Valley @ 壹玖捌叁 Hong Kong Cuisine

11/01/2016
壹玖捌叁  Hong Kong Cuisine
跑馬地載德街2-4號1樓
1/F, 2-4 Tsoi Tak Street, Happy Valley
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/dimsum-at-happy-valley-e2532557











I have always wanted to come here for dimsum but I rarely go to Happy Valley.
Finally went because one of my friends moved here.
When I arrived the lady at the reception was a bit weird because she was rushing me to tell her if I had made a booking when I was all wet from the rain and trying to fold my umbrella.

Anyway, it was all fine when I got upstairs but it was a bit noisy for my liking hence the reason I do not go to eat dimsums much.

It was great, they had a digital ordering system with photos of each dish and a summary at the end to show what you have ordered.
 0 讚好

Although you order through the touchscreen, it is officially ordered when you tell the waitors.

Here was what I had:
+++++++++++++++
Pan fried julienne taro and mashed pumpkin:

This tasted like a delicious Chinese rosti with a mix of taro and mashed pumpkins but it would taste even better if the oil was fresh.
+++++++++++++++
Cuttlefish in spicy sauce:

Although this was very spicy, I really enjoyed it with the savory salad.
+++++++++++++++
Marinated jelly fish:

I loved the jelly fish slices which were big and had a nice crunch, but I didn't like the oil they used to marinate the jelly fish because it tasted like oil that had been used to cook something.
+++++++++++++++
Steamed dumplings with mashed black eyed peas, dried shrimp and conpoy:

These dumplings had a light taste with a very starchy filling.
+++++++++++++++
Deep fried whitebait and enoki mushrooms in butter batter:

This was a nice appetizer of crispy enoki mushrooms and whitebait.
+++++++++++++++
Vermicelli in fermented red beancurd sauce:

The vermicelli was disappoining because it tasted oily and it was stirfried rather than braised.
+++++++++++++++
Deep fried sesame balls with purple potato and custard filling:

I am not keen on sesame but this was delicious especially the mochi like texture of the sweet potato and custard filling.

+++++++++++++++
steamed sago dumplings:

There were three different fillings: pandan, red bean and custard.
I liked the custard and pandan but the sago on the outside was a bit hard.
+++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...