[Review 4960] Pre CNY Gathering @ 名門私房菜 Charisme Pavillion

14/01/2016
名門私房菜  Charisme Pavillion
灣仔灣仔道83號2樓
2/F, 83 Wan Chai Road, Wan Cha
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/pre-cny-gathering-e2533782

Went here for a gathering before CNY so we had the bowl feast.
In the bowl, there were GIANT prawns which stole the show but I liked the duck feet and braised pomelo skin.
It came with a bowl of extra red beancurd sauce which I loved because I love red beancurd so I had lots of sauce and it was so nice that I drank some LOL!

The bowl feast comes with vegetables and glutinous rice.


This place specializes in Shunde cuisine hence they had fried milk and stuffed dace fish.

For the broth, there were more ingredients than the broth itself including pork pancreas.
The stuffed dace fish was nicely done, the fish looked intact and the skin was crispy but there were bits of grounded bones in it.
We finished with the crispy fried milk, which turned out to be the best fried milk I have had.
When it arrived, it looked like a fried seafood roll because of the breadcrumb coating and it came with a side of salad cream.

After taking a bite it turned out to be the best I have tried because of the coating.
Normally fried milk is coated in batter and if the oil is not fresh, I will only eat the filling in the middle.

The breadcrumb coating here was fantastic, I could taste some coconut on the outside which gave it a really fragrant taste and the milk filling was not too sweet so you can taste the milk as well.
It definitely shouldn't be paired with salad cream because it tastes good on its own but if they really want to serve it with sauce, I think chocolate or a berry sauce would be good.















No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...