[Review 5037] I feel sorry for those who can't eat seafood @ Lobster Central

10/02/2016
Lobster Central
中環士丹利街50號地下E號舖
Shop E, G/F, 50 Stanley Street, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/i-feel-sorry-for-those-who-cant-eat-seafood-e2542478












I feel sorry for those who can't eat seafood
2016-02-10  2810 瀏覽
Unfortunately I deleted the photos by accident so I only have the one photo of the lobster roll which I posted on IG.
I came here three times to try the lobster, crab and prawn roll.
There is a set that has all three rolls but it comes with crisps (potato chips), which I don’t really want.
The other set has half of each roll but they taste really good I would rather pay more for a whole roll.

To summarize, all the rolls were good and minimalistic dressing was used because the seafood is tasty that it doesn't really need any dressing.

Anyway, as I was having dinner that night so I settled for a lobster roll.
I was impressed when it came because the chunks of lobster were mixed with vibrant lobster roe.
The butter was how it should be and not like the smelly Chinese butter and the lobster chunks were nicely seasoned yet you could still taste the natrual lobster.
The only bad point was that it contained two big pieces of endoskeleton that is found in the claw and both pieces were big so you can imagine how big the claw is.
 1 讚好

On the second visit, I had the crab roll and soup which didn't let me down either.
It was pure delicious crab meat in the soft crispy roll and I was so happy eating it because how often do you get so much crab meat that is off the shell and without the trouble of deshelling it.
I love crab but when it is served, I normally don't bother with it because it is too troublesome to eat.
 0 讚好

The lobster soup tasted really concentrated but in a good way because it tasted like a whole lobster concentrated in one spoon with bits of lobster roe in it.
The only complaint was that it was a bit salty.

On the third visit, I was back for the prawn roll.
I was told that the taste was going to be bland but I didn't find it bland at all.
Again, the dressing was minimalistic but the prawns were delicious with a crunch and you can see the prawns are translucent and slightly opaque.
Once you have tried this, you won't want to eat other prawns because it tastes like the good prawns that you get in Chinese prawn omelettes (ha yan chow daan).
From the picture, you can see at least 10 prawns!

I also tried the fries which have a slight truffle taste on its own but there is extra truffle mayonnaise to make it taste stronger.

I will be back soon!

Lobster rolls are inexpensive in other countries but Hong Kong has issues importing seafood I guess and at the moment Lobster rolls are a niche market because there is a sudden trend for them.
In Canada, lobsters are so cheap that McDonalds served McLobsters in 2013 at (C$6.50=HKD36.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...