[Review 6002] New Sichuan fare to the scene @ 小川屋 Xiao Chuan House

04/06/2017
小川屋 Xiao Chuan House
大坑書館街23號地舖
G/F, 23 School Street, Tai Hang
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/new-sichuan-fare-to-the-scene-e2799247







New Sichuan fare to the scene
2017-06-04  292 瀏覽
Tried this new joint and I don't think it is fair to comment because the night I visited the main chef was sick so the chef who cooked that night was new or a replacement.
I couldn't quite hear what they said but anyway, I gathered someone wasn't there because they were sick.
The menu was good because there was English.
 0 讚好

Started with the iceplant salad which comes with sesame dressing but I didn't bother with the dressing because it tasted good on its own.
 0 讚好


The tofu was a bit too salty for my liking.


The noodles were great with a nice balanced seasoning.

The bandit chicken wings were ok but a bit salty.

My favourite was the cumin pork legs which came off the bone easily and it had a crispy coating as well.

Anyway, save room for dessert because I liked the clear jelly which is flavoured by the ginger syrup that is not too sweet, topped with raisins, wolfberries and hawthorn discs.
If you don't like ginger, then tough luck as the other dessert also has ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...