[Review 6015] Not your average steak house @ Carlo Riva

10/06/2017
Carlo Riva
灣仔克街1號地舖
G/F, 1 Heard Street, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/not-your-average-steak-house-e2802922






Not your average steak house
2017-06-10  708 瀏覽
An interesting restaurant that serves almost anything under the sun.
A steak house where I could get Raclette cheese and homemade charcoal bread stuffed with brie.
Discovered this place because it was covered in red paper so popped over to look at the menu and it was mainly steaks.

While I was looking at the menu, this friendly guy came out and gave me an introduction about this restaurant and showed me the kitchen which was huge.


To be honest, I judged the food by the menu because it was steaks and a huge variety of other dishes which is obviously there to cater for non steak eaters but there is nothing worse than expecting good Western food when it turns out to be Chinese style Western food.
Anyway, the location is a bit far from Wanchai so I only went because my friend went.
Starting from the bread, I was already impressed because it was charcoal bread stuffed with pieces of brie that is made by the restaurant.

I didn't stay long but I discovered there was Raclette cheese so had that!
It was impressive they had it on the menu because firstly you need the fork out on the Raclette grill to serve it and secondly the kitchen has to be big enough for all this expensive equipment.
They even served it with potatoes and gherkins which is how it is eaten so they know really do know about International cuisines.
Anyway, the Raclette cheese was just delicious!!


They even cater for vegetarians too because there is one page for vegetarians too and the potato noodles are recommended as it is tossed with truffle. My friend tried it and said it is similar to "taodaosee".

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...