[Review 6134] Not my cup of tea @ 壹茶 Tea One

14/08/2017
壹茶 Tea One
葵芳葵富路7號葵涌廣場3樓301P號舖
Shop 301P, 3/F, Kwai Chung Plaza, 7 Kwai Foo Road, Kwai Fong
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/not-my-cup-of-tea-e2849528







Not my cup of tea
2017-08-14  2161 瀏覽
I went to Kwaihing on a food crawl getting food from stalls which looked potentially good.
Unfortunately, four out of four I tried were not good.
My hopes were too high for this place because I discovered they had cake flavoured teas made with 蛋糕漿.
There were three flavours: strawberry cake tea, blackforest cake tea and original cake tea.
My interpretation of 蛋糕漿 is cake batter/mix, the mixture you make to bake a cake.
Cake batter is so delicious that kids always lick the bowl and mixing spoons but ideally you shouldn't really risk it because it has raw egg so you might get salmonella.
Anyway as a child, I always licked the cake batter.
I did have second thoughts it wouldn't be real cake batter as they would risk their customers getting sick so I assumed the cake batter was egg free or it contained blended baked cakes.
Ordered the black forest cake tea.
While I was waiting, I managed to get a closer look at them making tea.
I was disappointed to discover that the black forest cake batter was CHOCOLATE CREAM!!!
Tried the tea and I didn't like their tea base because it was nasty HK style milk tea, the tea I hate the most.
The chocolate thick cream at the bottom made it slightly better because it disguised the tea taste but there were no cherries because blackforest cakes are meant to contain cherries.
Anyway, the chocolate cream which is right at the bottom of the cup does not mix well so you end up with just tea or just cream in your mouth!
So just imagine a mouthful of thick chocolate cream!!!!!
If only it had been real cake batter/mix then it would have been a different story, the tea would be thick and dreamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...