[Review 6406] Food has improved @ Cafe Prince Royal

04/02/2018
Cafe Prince Royal  休息中
太子花園街232-242號禮賢大廈地下F舖
Shop F, G/F, Oscar Court, 232-242 Fa Yuen Street, Prince Edward
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/food-has-improved-e2973074








Food has improved
2018-02-04  393 瀏覽
I discovered this restaurant exactly a year ago and at that time it wasn't even listed on openrice so updated OR with this restaurant.They only had bagels then but now they have so much more filling options such as the popular all day breakfast and they offer so many fancy teas for tea lovers.
 0 讚好

The avocado and smoked salmon croissant/foccacia was appealing because I love avocado.
I decided to choose foccacia because I prefer bread more than a buttery croissant.

When it came, the foccacia was a bit different to what I had in mind because foccacias are normally sliced horizontally rather than vertically so the croissant would probably be a more filling option.
Anyway, avocado was really good because it was ripe and soft so it had a lovely creamy texture and taste which went well with the salmon.
The baby spinach leaves were good too drizzled with balsamic, a memorable salad other than boring lettuce or arrugula.
For the all day breakfast, it also came with foccacia so if I had known, I definitely would have chosen the croissant.
Anyway, the bacon was really good because it had a nice saltiness and smokey aroma to it.

Finished with two cakes which just looked delicious in the cabinet.
The hazelnut one is light and not too sweet.
 0 讚好

The chocolate one was sweeter but still good.

I liked the way both came with some whipped cream topped with caramel sauce.
For drinks, the teas were great because I just love teas.
The peach black tea was very fragrant while the Earl Grey tea was more versatile.

My friend had the homemade lemonade.

Will probably be back if I am in the area and it is encouraging to see the cafe doing well a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...