[Review 6507] I love the new menu @ 何蘭正 65 Peel

12/04/2018
何蘭正 65 Peel
中環蘇豪卑利街65-65A號地舖
G/F, 65-65A Peel Street, Soho, Central







I love the new menu
2018-04-12  4036 瀏覽
Went here again because the menu has changed.
There were some interesting items so I had to go and try them, I found it quite hard choosing the dishes because every dish had some elements that I liked.

Started with the Hong Kong inspired cocktails Salty Lemon and the Sweetened Red Bean.

The [Salty Lemon] was gin and salted lemon, I really liked the saltiness.
 0 讚好

The [Sweetened Red Bean] was really pretty, I liked the colourful sprinkles and cream and it was sweet because of the rum and red beans at the bottom.
 0 讚好

Now to the food!!!!
The [Roasted US asparagus with oyster puree, ser wong fun duck liver sausage] was phenomenal because ser wong fun duck livers sausages are guaranteed to be good and they cooked it in the best way by frying it which made it crispy.
I never imagined that the frying process could make it taste that intense and all the fats are fried off. 
By the same concept, I think black pudding could taste just as good deep fried.
 0 讚好

-Sichuan spicy slow poached pigeon:
I chose this because I like Sichuan Flavours and it turned out really good because the texture of pigeon was really velvety and all the meat flavours were concentrated.
The best thing was the dried beancurd sheets under the pigeon because it literally absorbed the flavours!
If only I had a bowl of plain rice to go with it.
 0 讚好

-Braised Wagyu beef cheek in satay sauce with seared rice rolls
The beef cheek was soft and gelatinous as expected so it did not disappoint.
Beneath the meat was these lovely al dente rice rolls which gave me a satisfied feeling because I just need carbs in my meal to feel full! 
 0 讚好

Finished with the [papaya, lily flower milk, snow swallow and hazelnut parfait].
I found this strangely comforting because the flavours were delicate and it was not too sweet.
The hazelnuts that were sprinkled on top made it heavenly as the nutty taste and the lily flower milk went together nicely.
 0 讚好


Overall, I was satisfied with all the dishes I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...