[Review 6654] Crystal Chicken @ 文聚料理(分子)

28/06/2018
文聚料理(分子)
北角和富道84-94號銀輝大廈地下G2B舖
Shop G2B, G/F, Ngan Fai Building, 84-94 Wharf Road, North Point
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/crystal-chicken-e3084176



Walked past a few weeks ago and this chef dressed in a traditional chefs coat came out and started telling me about his special chicken.
As I had already had dinner, I didn't try it.
Went back another night as I was still hungry, had the signature chicken set for $45 which comes with rice, vegetables and drink/dessert.

According to the media, the chef uses a special method to cook the chicken hence the name crystal chicken because there is a layer of jelly between the chicken and the chicken skin.

The chicken was tasty and you could taste that it has been marinated for a while before it was cooked.
I thought it was a little hard and dry but I believe it would have tasted better if I came earlier when it had just been cooked.
The scallion oil was quite good as it was not too salty.
However the presentation and what I expected was a little different as it just looked like normal chicken even though it is said to be cooked using molecular gastronomic technique and slow cooking according to the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...