[Review 6792] Better late than never @ Annapurna

26/08/2018
Annapurna (已結業)
中環皇后大道中302號北海商業大廈地舖
G/F, Cnt Commercial Building, 302 Queens Road Central, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/better-late-than-never-e3140767





Better late than never
2018-08-26  711 瀏覽
I have always wanted to try Annapurna when they were on Staunton Road but never made it.

Luckily, they moved to Sheungwan, but still I didn't get to try it as every time I went past, they were not open.
Annapurna was finally open one evening so went it.

The menu had a lot to offer and not just Momos.

I would say Nepalese food is a little bit similar to Indian food.

Started with the Traditional Nepalese salad which took me by surprise as the sauce was creamy with an interesting spice kick to it.
There were lots of peas and root vegetables.
I think I found some yak cheese in it so I was really happy as I forgot to order the yak cheese (chhurpi salad).

Next had the Kwati (Nine Beans) which was a stew made with nine different beans eaten on the festival of Gun Punhi, the full moon day.
There was a side of coriander sauce which had a little fieriness but I liked it.
The bean stew tasted a bit like vegetarian chili con carne.
For dessert, had the Kheer (Rice Pudding) which was the best thing ever!
It tastes like the English Rice Pudding, thick and creamy with cardamon, ginger and spices.
The only thing I didn't like was the pina colada which was weak and 80% blended ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...