[Review 6890] Cart Noodles with Tapas style side dishes @ 四爺車仔麵專門店

09/10/2018
四爺車仔麵專門店
灣仔莊士敦道25-33號長康大廈地舖
G/F, Cheong Hong Mansion, 25-33 Johnston Road, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/cart-noodles-with-tapas-style-side-dishes-e3180020






Cart Noodles with Tapas style side dishes
2018-10-09  492 瀏覽
Noticed this new cart noodle joint a few weeks ago but as it had just newly opened, there was not much to offer.
Went past again a month later and they had more noodles so went in to give it a try.
As well as the usual noodle selection they had spinach and tomato to choose from.
The thing that really impressed me were the toppings, they are served in dishes like tapas which make it great for sharing.
For some toppings, I prefer them being served separately like sweet and sour gluten because the soup dilutes the flavours and I don't want my noodles having a sweet and sour taste.
In the case of fried beancurd rolls and fish skins, they become soft when they get to the table so you can't eat it while it is crispy.
Both noodles ordered were good because the broth was good and the noodles absorb the broth.
The beef had a strong aniseed taste with a rich brown colour, while the pork broth was light so I chose fresh mountain yam and Chinese radish with it.
My two favourites were the Sichuan tripe and Pork Trotters which were gelatinous and came with soft and starchy peanuts.
Although I love their broths, I want to come again and try the noodles without the soup so I can mix the sauce from the dishes into it.
There is also home made pickles and chili sauce on the table.


Overall I enjoyed the experience as the environment was good and the place was clean.
As they are changing the menu, I didn't take pictures it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...