[Review 7117] I love steamed fish @ 聚好冰室 Gathering Cafe

13/01/2019
聚好冰室 Gathering Cafe
太子鴉蘭街2-4號地舖
G/F, 2-4 Arran Street, Prince Edward
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/i-love-steamed-fish-e3273648









I love steamed fish
2019-01-13  17 瀏覽
Gathering cafe looked almost like any other bingsut (Chinese chaan teng) but I was wrong because they offer almost everything on the menu ranging from Chinese bakery, Stir Fry dishes, set meals and even Sichuan fare.
 0 讚好


As well as MK, they have another branch in Kowloon Bay under a slightly different name.
The staff were quite friendly and I appreciate their high standards for cleanliness as she checked the bowls before they were used and the ones not worthy for use were rejected  into another pile.
I went for steamed fish which does not come with rice so I had to order rice separately.


The fish was steamed just right so the fish was still delicate and they did not put too much oil on it so that the fish taste was still there.
It was a nice cut and the scales had been properly removed.
My friend had the Hainan Chicken which was shockingly huge especially the bowl of rice and you get soup and vegetables as well.



The sauce you get is Thai Sweet Chili sauce, ginger puree and normal soy sauce.
However the turmeric rice was interesting as it was fried yellow rice with bits of egg in it.


Not sure what to make of it but they said it was turmeric rice.

 Overall, I recommend the steamed fish and they had lemon chicken as well which I failed to see on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...