[Review 7146] Smart Gimmick @ 鳳鳴石磨腸粉 FENG MING

21/01/2019
鳳鳴石磨腸粉  FENG MING
觀塘開源道68號觀塘廣場地下G34號舖
Shop G34, G/F, Kwun Tong Square, 68 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/smart-gimmick-e3282578

Smart Gimmick
2019-01-21  307 瀏覽
There hasn't been much delicious food on offer recently so decided to come here for the rice rolls in Kwun Tong which are Chiuchow style made by grinding flour through the stone miller.I have tried this previously at Kai Yip Estate called 食好啲 which serves the same thing.
It turns out the lady at the counter looks like the one from 食好啲 from the review on 22/2/2018.


Anyway, didn't know that until now and to be honest her attitude turned my excitement into disappointment.

Went to Kwuntong which is a place that I'd rather not go because there are too many people which are rough and rude.
Found the shop and when I went towards it, the lady gave me this look which you could sense, please don't come here but to be honest I don't give a shat and I have the right as a paying customer to try it or not.

When I collected the food, she demanded to see my receipt to double check if I was eating there or taking it away as it is $1 cheaper.
After I showed her the receipt she frowned again, but for ffs  for $2 why would I want to lie to you plus I don't even work or live in this crap part of town so I wouldn't be taking the food anywhere but eating it there .
Food tastes the best when you eat it straight away but you have to find a spot to stand there and eat as space is just limited with zombies walking into you where ever you stand.

FengMeng basically serves the same rolls as 食好啲  but they use black rice, red rice and the original which gives it a colourful appearance.

Ordered the red rice and black rice with the minimalist toppings as I just wanted to see how it tasted.

Personally I liked the black rice more because it only had sweetcorn and soy sauce allowing me to taste the flavour and texture of the rolls.
Although I don't like the sweetcorn in Hong Kong but it tasted quite good with the ricerolls.
Will probably have this again if I am in the area again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...