[Review 7163] Captivated by the Chinese calligraphy menu @ 龍城餐館 Kowloon City Restaurant

25/01/2019
龍城餐館  Kowloon City Restaurant
九龍城獅子石道84號地下
G/F, 84 Lion Rock Road, Kowloon City
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/captivated-by-the-chinese-calligraphy-menu-e3288734







Obviously I was attracted here by the Chinese calligraphy menu which obviously doesn't mean anything me to as I can't read it.
The owner thought I was taking the piss when I was looking for the printed menu and I am sure he took it to heart as he left the shop for a while!!!
hahahahaha
Anyway went in as there was no one and ordered the signature meat patty served in a wooden tub.
The meat patty had tin chut (Chinese ginseng or notoginseng) in it as well as gojiberries and black fungus.
When it arrived, it looked nice and it came with soup and a tea.
The soup was quite good as you could taste the mustard greens in it.
As for the tub of rice, it was a bit weird, the meat had a strange smell but I don't think it was the Chinese ginseng because it didn't smell like that.
Again the reason I don't really eat meat in HK is because it doesn't taste fresh.
But anyway, I quite like the gimmick here and I think they could gang up with Tai Wo Tang cafe as it is  a similar style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...