[Review 7341] Best beef sando in my opinion @ PMQ 實驗廚房 PMQ Taste Kitchen

11/04/2019

PMQ 實驗廚房  PMQ Taste Kitchen
中環鴨巴甸街35號元創方B座Hollywood 1樓H113-H114號舖
Shop H113-H114, 1/F, Block B Hollywood, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/best-beef-sando-in-my-opinion-e3368675










Best beef sando in my opinion
2019-04-11  976 瀏覽
The first SANDO I had was at Sunday's Groceries a few years ago where they put a runny egg inside.

Trending at the moment are these expensive Wagyu Sandos with the priciest from Wagyumafia.
Although I haven't tried Wagyumafia, I managed to try the one at PIQNIQ at H Queens.
The wagyu sando there was a bit too buttery for my liking in the sense the toast had too much butter.

Discovered SANDO.BA  had a popup at PMQ Tastekitchen  for a limited time so I was lucky I managed to go when they had it.

The menu was simple, clearly the sandos had to be tried.
 0 讚好

There were different cuts of beef as well as IMPOSSIBLE MEAT.
Wagyu Sando was my firm choice but I would have wanted to try Impossible as well.
When the sando arrived, it was how I expected it to be.

The wagyu was red and moist, about 1 inch thick.
The bread was toasted just right in the sense it is still soft in the middle.


Comparing with other Wagyu Sandos, there are a variety of sauces that can be used.
Normally Teriyaki is used but this one was evidently tomato and I could smell onion in it as well.
It worked for me because I prefer tomato sauce over cloyingly sweet Japanese sauces and it wasn't smothered in butter either.
Funnily it smelt like McDonalds simplest Hamburger with just the onions and tomato ketchup.
As well as the sauce and bread, the wagyu was soft and meaty so it was the best Sando I had.
The bread used was from Garden Bakery which strangely tasted good as the stuff I usually get from the supermarket tastes crap unless I buy the continental type.


For sides had the lotus root chips which I thought were spicy even though they were not meant to be spicy.

The soba noodles were also good , they were topped with eggyolk shavings and karasumi which gives it a lovely fishy saltyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...