[Review 7390] Goodbye Mr. M @ Mr. M

05/05/2019
Mr. M (已結業)
荃灣鱟地坊80-84華成樓地下B4號舖
Shop B4, G/F, Block B, 87 Wah Sing Building, Hau Tei Square, Tsuen Wan
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/goodbye-mr-m-e3393419







Goodbye Mr. M
2019-05-05  190 瀏覽
I wasn't expecting this to be my first and last visit to Mr. M!
Anyway, this joint has been open for a year now but I only just found out as I was in the area recently for Cart Noodles.
Located in an Alleyway is Mr. M serving Scotch Eggs, Burgers and Fish Fingers and Chips.

On the counter was a Pop-Up Pirate where players take turns to insert plastic swords into slots.
The unlucky person who launches the pirate is eliminated.
I was tempted to play but it wouldn't be funny if the pirate landed in the frying vat as I had just ordered the Scotch Egg and Fish Fingers with Chips!!!!


[Fish Fingers and Chips]

I loved the chips which were flat and chunky, the Tartar Sauce they used was creamy with a little bit of tartness similar to the ones at McDonald's but not so acidic.
The Fish Fingers were ok but not as Fishy as Bird's Eye Fish Fingers.

Now to the star of the show [Scotch Egg]

Overall it tasted really good but I was concerned the bottom part was a bit pink so I asked because traditionally it is sausage meat/pork mince.
Found out that it was beef so they said pink is ok for beef which makes sense as beef tartare is eaten raw.
Hopefully someone will make a omnipork version soon so vegetarians can devour this as well.
Unfortunately it will be their last day this Saturday according to the guy.

Giving this a smile because they serve all my favourites but Tsuen Wan is a bit out of the way for expats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...