[Review 7451] Some hits and misses @ 238 Restaurant

29/05/2019
238 Restaurant  
上環荷里活道238號地舖
GF., 238 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/some-hits-and-misses-e3419409











Some hits and misses
2019-05-29  1121 瀏覽
This restaurant has been around for a while, if I knew they served Dutch food I would have gone earlier.
It would have probably been better if I tried when they newly opened as there would be more Dutch dishes.

Unfortunately just like other restaurants, the dishes have been changed for the non adventurous people in Hong Kong.


Sat on the corner so it was very cramped and we ordered quite  a bit of food so the table wasn't quite big enough.

I don't normally order Mussels unless they are fresh.
The board claims they were fresh so ordered them and being Mother's Day, I would expect the mussels to be fresh as lots of people were ordering it that night.
 The mussels were not as fresh as I expected and some of the mussels were a bit mushy.

According to the waitress they said the mussels would be cooked with white wine which somehow I couldn't taste it.
The rest of the fries and salad were good.
The fries were the best because they were soft and silky.
Although the fries were amazing, they were not consistent as the colour was different to the ones on the other peoples table.
Ours were darker while the other table was blonde.
Also had the white asparagus as they were in season.
Sadly I dropped one on the floor as the table was really cramped but otherwise they taste quite nice without the grassiness.
The dill on the side complemented it very well.

On the way to the loo, found some a pair of black socks just outside the male and females toilets when I opened the door.
Anyway didn't get a picture as I don't usually take my phone to the loo and the hallway was rather slippery so I didn't bother to go back.
We wanted try the pofferjies but ended getting the Dutch Pancake instead because they didn't have it.
When we finished, the tea made my day as there were lots of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...