[rEview 7663] [Omnipork] Almost Top marks but it was too salty! @

16/08/2019
大快活  Fairwood
灣仔軒尼詩道68,70,72,74及76號新禧大樓地下C舖2及3單位及1樓A,B,C,D及E室
Flats A, B, C, D and E on 1/F and Units 2 and 3, Shop C, G/F, Sun Hey Mansion, Nos. 68, 70, 72, 74 & 76 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/omnipork-almost-top-marks-but-it-was-too-salty-e3510095







My quest for vegetarian food is all about having acquaintance with it.
Ever since Fairwood launched the omnipork series I have been meaning to try the Omnipork tofu but their omnipork menu is on rotation.
I think there are 4 vegetarian dishes that are on rotation which means a 0.25 chance of that dish on the menu plus the probability of it not being sold out and the probability I haven't made plans for FOOD!

It was Thursday night and I was in Wanchai so I tried my luck!!!

It was on the menu and still available to order as it was 6ish that time so I was super happy as the guy at the cashier was super friendly.
Wanchai is a good bet because the office people have buggered off.
Evenings are better as you get table service just like McDonalds.
If it wasn't for omnipork, I doubt I would be dining here as the meat isn't edible because you just get fat and bones which I end up not eating.
If you look at it closely, the sauce is evidently a thick paste and dark.
Unfortunately it was too salty but the best omnipork tofu I have tried because you can taste the Sichuan peppercorns, salted vegetables (jaachoi) and shiitake mushrooms.
The taste is similar to the omnipork tofu at Green Common Deli recipe from TASTE. Kowloon Tong but GCD is sweeter.
As it was salty, I requested for more rice to finish it off and they were happy to give me more rice.
Funnily enough, I was still hungry afterwards.
Even though it was too salty, I am still going to try another branch and see how it compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...