[Review 7682] Tasty Taiwanese Wraps @ 炸老闆

22/08/2019
炸老闆 (已結業)
旺角弼街60號地舖
G/F, 60 Bute Street, Mong Kok
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/tasty-taiwanese-wraps-e3515234












Tasty Taiwanese Wraps
2019-08-22  1616 瀏覽
Discovered this on the way to Prince Edward.
At first, I thought this joint served Taiwanese Roti which is oily and flakey but on a closer look, they looked like round pieces of fried naan bread with filling.
The frying oil looked clean so I was confident in giving it a try.
To be honest, I don't know much about Taiwanese food so I'll refer them as Taiwanese wraps for the time being as they look like wraps.

You can get them a la carte or with tea.

As a tea lover, I got the set.
For each wrap, there are different fillings and the signature basic one has just egg.
On the menu, they are all shown open so you can see the the fillings clearly but when they give it to you, it is folded over.
There were so many to choose from but clearly luncheon meat was my first choice as well as Taiwanese basil because it is very aromatic.

Sausages were not my choices as I only like English pork sausages!
They also have salted egg with minced pork which is tempting.


Basically they fry the wrap, put sauces on and stuff it with the ingredients of your choice.
At first I was put off when I saw those sauces because Hongkonized Taiwanese food is always too sweet but luckily it turned out normal.
It was a bit salty but damn delicious as the wrap was chewy in the middle and slightly crispy.
The ham and egg wrap was to my liking as it was like eating a thin crispy panini.


It also reminded me of the sandwiches at Taoyuen village which are non fried but flakey and crispy!



Taiwanese basil egg wrap:
Definitely a nice surprise with a runny yolk.


The bottle of tea has a stopper in the middle to prevent the teabag from gushing tea out but sadly I couldn't get the tea bag out afterwards as I wanted to see if I could get a second round out of it.

Will be back for the other wraps and I love their teas which are all cold brewed with tea bags.
Overall delicious but quite messy to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...