[Review 1090] Rotisserie roast chicken in Sai Kung @ Roast Sai Kung Takeaway

02/05/2011
Roast Sai Kung Takeaway
西貢福民路42-56號西貢大廈地下16號舖
Shop16, G/F, Sai Kung Mansion, 42-56 Fuk Man Road, Sai Kung
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/rotisserie-roast-chicken-in-sai-kung-e2166368





Before 15+J opened, I was quite excited about this new shop.

When I got there, it reminded me of the roast chickens in Europe, the Rotisseries are common all over France and Belgium.

I ordered a chicken leg and small ribs.
It was quite funny, because the waitress insisted I was ordering "one chicken legs"
I know it saids "chicken legs" on the menu, but since I am ordering one it should be "one chicken leg" not "one chicken legs",
I had to say I wanted "one chicken leg" not "leg" because I only wanted the one and not pay for two.

Anyway, the chicken came with gravy, there was normal gravy, and this other red looking one so I chose the normal gravy.
As well as that I ordered the ribs, there was original and Barbeque, so I chose Barbeque, and the waitress said in a commanding tone, that the sauce is mixed with the ribs.

I was tempted to order the roast vegetables as well, but they didnt look that appealing at the counter.
The roast potato looked like fried potato wedges.

When I tried the ribs, they were tough and dry, the barbeque sauce was non existence.


As for the chicken, it was slightly better, but could have been better.
All I could taste in the chicken was a strong smoky flavouring and it was too salty.
I was disappointed because it was burnt and the chicken skin was not intact which defeats the purpose of the rotisserie, because the rotisserie is supposed to rotate the chicken so that it is evenly roasted.
From the burn marks on the skin, it looks like it has been grilled and not roasted.

I suspect only whole chickens are roasted, the others are grilled.

The gravy for the chicken was tasteless, pity I forgot to take a picture.

As well as this place, there is a roast chicken place at Fortress Hill too.

Sham fast food:
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/commentdetail.htm?commentid=2023517

15+J Roaster: (Fortress hill)
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/commentdetail.htm?commentid=2165135

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...