[Review 589] Fried prawn dumplings @ 龍的傳人

龍的傳人 27/12/2009
將軍澳重華路8號東港城1樓188號舖
Shop 188, 1/F, East Point City Shopping Arcade, 8 Chung Wa Road, Tseung Kwan Ohttps://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/fried-prawn-dumplings-e2052188




My regular place for dimsum was full, so I came here for lunch, I really didnt have any expectations from it, the price in general is slightly cheaper than other restaurants, but not as cheap as 'Tao Heung 88.

It serves mainly chiu chow food, same as Star of Canton, but Star of Canton is more relaxed and orderly, this place is more down to earth and noisy being located on the ground floor.
Their tea cups are big stainless steel mugs same with the tea pot, a bit like being prison cutlery.

There were not much traditional dimsums, so ordered Steamed prawn dumplings, steamed shanghai little dragon buns, clams in salted water and stir-fried beef ho fun.

The shanghai buns were a combo set with some chinese herb soup for $28 so I go that.
The soup contained fish, whelk, chicken feet and ginseng, it just tasted ordinary, and the little shanghai buns were a bit shrivelled up and I forgot to take picture.

The beef ho fun was tasteless and greasy, so I got a box to have them taken home which cost an extra $2 dollars.
I think they probably taste better after I re-cooked it and added some extra soy sauce.

The clams didnt taste that fresh, and strong in black pepper, also plenty of sand it in too.
Most of the clams had already come off their shells too.

Finally the steamed prawn dumplings were visually perfect, but the taste was average, however the fried prawn dumplings were the highlight of the whole lunch. They were perfectly fried, non oily, and the the crispiness was interesting, because of the fried hargau skin was crisp and chewy and firmly attached to the hargau rather than ripping off in the steamed versions.

As for the service, it was ok, but I felt the waiters should listen to what the customers want before answering automated answers like the automated telephone.
I asked for a another pair of chopsticks because one of the chopsticks was on the floor, and the waiter answer "NONE" so I said what do you mean none, I only wanted a pair of chopsticks, and he said "sorry i misheard I thought you wanted a pot of rice"

Me: Do you have a spare pair of chopsticks?
[lei yau mo dui SPARE fai ji?]
WAITER: MO AR
[None]
Me: What do you mean none, I only want a spare chopsticks because it fell on the floor
[meah giu mo ar, ngor jing hai yiu yat dui fai ji yan wai deet joh lok day ha]WAITOR: DUI UM JU, NGOR TENG CHOR JOR, NGOR YI WAI LEI WAH JUNG TAU FAAN
[Sorry I thought I heard you wanted a pot of rice]

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...