[Review 747] No goose pimples for me!! @ 鹵八鵝店 Lo Pak Restaurant

13/05/2010

鹵八鵝店 Lo Pak Restaurant
灣仔春園街20號富國大廈地下C舖
Shop C, 20 Spring Garden Lane, Wan Chai
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/no-goose-pimples-for-me-e2083958


Whenever I go for goose at this place, the locals always warn me that eating goose will result in acne attacks, well I have had it for a few consecutive days and it doesn’t happen to me!!
Although the thought of an acne attack sends goose pimples forming!

Same with fried food, without drinking their so-called “herbal tea” I do not get sore throats either, the only scientific reason I can think of is that the fried food hot, so it probably burns the throat resulting in a sore throat the next day.

My favourite dish here is the goose slices (sliced goose breast) with rice, it is pure meat, and the skin has also been removed.
I always request it without sauce, because it softens the rice, and the sauce is very oily and I wonder how long its been there after cooking the geese in it.
Instead I prefer the sauce from the bags, it is much more concentrated and less greasy.

The goose slices are rich, but also depends which part they slice it from, one of is much nicer without the artery running through it.
As well as goose, I also tried the liver, very big in size too.

Although the food is good, I think the locals have a better digestive system than me, because the hygiene of roast meats in Hong Kong isn’t that good. They are usually left by the window, and sometimes there are flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...