[Review 1488] A picture tells a thousand words @ 上海真美豆漿大王

07/03/2012
上海真美豆漿大王
將軍澳貿業路8號新都城中心3期地下G22號舖
Shop G22, G/F, MCP Discovery, 8 Mau Yip Road, Tseung Kwan O
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/a-picture-tells-a-thousand-words-e2223105

If it had not been the pictures in the previous review I would not have considered this restaurant.
The preserved vegetables served with the rice and the savoury soymilk looked good so I decided to give it a try.

Originally I was going to order the traditional Shanghai style pork chops but because it came with preserved vegetables, I ordered the five spice ribs instead.
I also ordered rice with the tofu stuffed with meat because I wanted to try their tofu.
I ordered sweet soymilk with dumplings and savoury soy milk which both could be considered as soup and dessert.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Fried tofu stuffed with minced meat
The oil was not fresh and the tofu lacked the taste of soybean.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pork ribs marinated in five spices
With the preserved vegetables that came with the rice, it tasted similar to Tung Po style meat but without the fat.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Savoury soymilk
This was item that I came for and it did not let me down.
There was generous amounts of tiny shrimps, preserved vegetables and fried dough sticks in the soymilk.
It reminded me of Western soup because it was thick and quite wholesome.


★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Sweet soymilk with dumplings
This was inconsistent, I came here twice for it because the first time the dumplings were chewy and delicious and the soymilk was not so sweet, however the second time the dumplings were too soft and the soymilk was too sweet.


On my first visit, when the staff placed the bowl of dumplings on my table, there was a piece of spring onion in the the bowl, and I was impressed that she admitted there was something in the bowl and told me to ignore it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
The chili sauce was also quite good for complimenting the food there.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...