[Review 7437] My new treasure corner at Cheungshawan @ 八寶粥

20/05/2019
八寶粥 (已結業)
長沙灣青山道443-445號祥利大廈地下A號舖
Shop A, G/F, Cheong Lee Building, 443-445 Castle Peak Road, Cheung Sha Wan
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/my-new-treasure-corner-at-cheungshawan-e3412575











My new treasure corner at Cheungshawan
2019-05-20  165 瀏覽
Since Rolling congee closed, I haven't had congee for long time.
One night, a restaurant that I was planning to go was shut hence fate led me here.

It was on the corner and there was a big flyer with congee and some interesting snacks so I decided to try it.

Unfortunately, it was hot that day so it was the wrong day for congee but I still had it as I was there.
 0 讚好


The guy wasn't very welcoming at first but he was actually super friendly.
+++++++++++
For the congee, I had the [chicken and fish maw congee] which cost HKD25.
 0 讚好

Chicken and fish maw the congee was expected as it was called chicken and fish maw but the things that made it look expensive were the mock sharkfins and beancurd sheets.
The congee really made my day because I love mock sharkfins and there were loads of it in the congee.
The chicken is the usual on bone so you have to watch out for bone fragments.
+++++++++++
Next were the [salmon dumplings].
To be honest, I ordered them because they looked like grilled salmon!!!
 0 讚好

To my surprise, it was similar to  fishball with minced salmon filling in the middle.
 0 讚好

+++++++++++
Another exclusive that they do is [Rice Patty Pancakes] which are similar pancakes but made with cooked grains of rice.
I definitely recommend this because it is savoury and different.
Different fillings obviously taste different so it depends on what you like.
The liver one was unusual and luncheon ham simply tastes amazing.

++++++
For dessert, there was Eight Treasure Congee which is their signature.
It contains so many different pulses such as green beans, red beans etc.

++++++
Went back another day as I was in the area and had the lotus wrapped rice, purple potato buns and LOBSTER SHAOMAI which was nice and filling for lunch.

Will be back if I am in the area because I love this joint especially the rice patty pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...