[Review 7786] Dai Pai Dong experience @ 金牌源記大排檔

04/11/2019
金牌源記大排檔 
深水埗耀東街15號地舖
G/F, 15 Yiu Tung Street, Sham Shui Po
https://www.openrice.com/zh/hongkong/review/dai-pai-dong-experience-e3587091












Dai Pai Dong experience
2019-11-04  258 瀏覽
Proper dai pai dongs are decreasing in numbers these days so it was a shame I didn't try them when there were lots around.
The ones I've seen are at Temple Street which are clearly quite touristy and pricey.
Came across this one away from the rest, it is located next to a noodle stall which is also daipaidong style.

It was my first time eating at a dai pai dong so it was fun watching buses and people go past.
Now is a good time when the weather is cooler.


In a way, it is good that I tried now rather than before as I know what I want.
To my surprise the chef was young which explains the cantopop music so I actually enjoyed the vibes there.
 0 讚好



For food, had the stir fried noodles with soy sauce, crispy ribs and crispy white bait.
The crispy ribs stole the show, they were even coated in this delicious salt and pepper coating.



I had a peep in the kitchen and saw that the ribs were freshly tossed in coating and then fried which gives it that quality coating while the meat came off the bones nicely.
The noodles were also a surprise, you could taste that wok fried aroma which was not too overwhelming.
They tasted even moreish with chili sauce.
 0 讚好


The white bait wasn't bad but the other two dishes stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review 7821] Kaya toast @ 一粥麵 Super Super Congee & Noodle

19/12/2020 一粥麵  Super Super Congee & Noodle 樂富聯合道198號樂富廣場1樓1113-1114號舖 Shop 1113-1114, 1/F, Lok Fu Shopping Centre, 198 Junction Road, L...